Acne is the most common skin disease in United States, affecting almost 85% of the population. Acne can occur at any age. Previously, this problem was believed to occur more often during puberty, but today it is proved that this disease is now affecting more and more adults. Acne appears as blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and bumps under the skin, called nodules. About 25% of acne cases are believed to result in scars. This is called post-acne.
Causes of acne
- Skin pore clogging;
- Hormonal changes;
- Genetic factors;
- Excessive production of sebum by sebaceous glands;
- Unsuitable drugs;
- Environmental factors such as humidity or pollution;
- Inflammation caused by Proprionibacterium acnes bacteria.Pimples often emerge on the face, but can also appear on the chest, shoulders, shoulders and back. Very often, the emergence of acne is associated with pathological changes in the hair follicle
Acne in Women
Adult acne in women is in some cases associated with hormonal disorders. Most often, the disease intensifies at the beginning and at the end of the menstrual cycle. Adult hormonal acne in women are localized in the lower part of the face, chin and neck. Acne is often painful, red, cystic and lasts for weeks or even months. Most often it is treated with glycolic acid along with AC Dual IPL combined blue and red light.
Acne comprises three main types of pimples:
- Comedone acne: the mildest form of acne, with the prevalence of whiteheads (closed comedones) and blackheads (open comedones).
- Inflammatory acne: a moderately severe form of acne, which consists in pink bumps (papules) and pustules (pink bumps with white pus).
- Cystic acne is the most severe form of acne and leads to large, painful, swollen, deep red bumps, which can leave scars after treatment.
For acne control, early and aggressive treatment is required. It usually requires combined treatment. At Fashion Point Miami health and beauty center, you will be offered an option that is most suitable for you.
We consider IPL Venus Versa AC Dual combined with red and blue impulse light to be the crucial and main component of acne treatment.
This treatment narrows down the sebaceous glands, reduces inflammation, kills Proprionibacterium bacteria. Such treatment corrects discolored old acne scars. Venus Versa AC Dudual Treatment combined with red and blue pulsed light helps to reduce the emergence of post-acne pigmentation.